Is YouTube TV available in Canada? No, YouTube TV is not available in Canada due to a geo-blocking issue, but you can access YouTube TV in Canada by purchasing a premium VPN.
YouTube TV is an American streaming site. It is strictly geo-restricted and only available in the USA due to its copyright and distribution license.
But don’t worry about this. You can stream it by getting a premium VPN that will provide a better connection and complete access to all TV shows and movies on YouTube.
Don’t go anywhere if you need guidance on watching YouTube TV in Canada. This article is for you.
How to Watch YouTube TV in Canada 2023
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN and install its application.
- Login and connect to a US server.
- Download YouTube TV App and start streaming right away!
Video Tutorial – How to Watch YouTube TV in Canada with a VPN
Why do you need a VPN to watch YouTube TV in Canada?
YouTube TV is a geo-restricted streaming site only accessible in the US.
The subscribers of YouTube can stream about 85+ US cable and broadcast channels. This is because they offer such amazing content to watch. But it is not available to people outside the USA.
So, if you want to access it outside the US, you will need a premium VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN to get the fullest streaming of YouTube TV in Canada or any country.
Best VPNs to Watch YouTube TV in Canada [Quick Overview in 2023]
If you want a quick guide on watching YouTube TV in Canada, this part will be useful for you; let’s look at three of the best premium VPNs you can buy to access YouTube TV.
- ExpressVPN — It comes with lightning fast VPN connection to ensure you Ultra HD streaming from anywhere at any time. You can access 3000+ global servers, including 20+ location servers in the US. In addition to this, you can save up to 49% on its 1-year plan, cutting the original cost to only $6.71/month.
- Surfshark — Features smart DNS to unblock streaming platforms and channels that don’t support the app. You can access 3200+ global servers at low prices, including 20+ US servers. So you will always have something to watch when the cost is $2.30 a month. In addition, you can get an 82% discount on its 2-year plan and an unlimited device connection.
- NordVPN — It ensures reliable VPN connection & buffer-free streaming from anywhere. With many servers, you can stream restricted content without violating your privacy. The subscription comes with easy access to 5000+ global servers, including 1970+ servers in the US. In addition, a huge 68% discount is available on its 2-year plan, so you will only need to pay $3.71 a month.
What is YouTube TV? And what Content is Available on YouTube TV?
YouTube is an American streaming site owned by YouTube, but it’s a subsidiary of Google currently. It has more than 3 million followers.
YouTube TV provides live TV options, cloud-based DVR services, and on-demand video from 85+ TV networks. This streaming site was launched in February 2017. NBA finals and the MLB world series are their broadcasting partners.
You can watch local news, sports, entertainment, and lifestyle. It also has a YouTube TV originals option, so this is an amazing streaming site for you.
Why is YouTube TV Geo-Restricted in Canada?
Because some content providers have a right to restrict their content, they can decide how to distribute it.
To show the content, these streaming platforms need a formal license agreement to display the content in any region; otherwise, content distribution is not legal without a license.
And YouTube Tv has a license in America, so they can only distribute the content in the territory of the USA.
You cannot access it in any country without a VPN; for a better experience, purchase a premium VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
What are the Pros and Cons of YouTube TV?
YouTube TV Pros
- Comes with a range of different categories like news channels, sports, and entertainment.
- Features are so user-friendly.
- Intuitive user interface.
- Topnotch Support.
YouTube TV Cons
- Limited parental control options.
- No FOX RSNS available.
- Only available in the United States.
Best VPNs to Watch YouTube TV in Canada in Detailed 2023]
Are you confused about choosing the best VPN for you? So here is your guide, check these VPNs with their features and select the best option for you.
ExpressVPN — Best VPN to Watch YouTube TV in Canada
- Ultra-Fast speed with unlimited bandwidth for bufferless streaming.
- 3000+ Servers in 90+ Countries, including 20+ location servers in US.
- Comes with five simultaneous device connections
- Compatible with Windows, MacOS, iOS, Smart TV, Linux, and more.
ExpressVPN has incredible server speed to ensure smooth and high-quality streaming from anywhere. It has 3000+ optimized servers installed in 90+ countries and 20+ location servers in the US only. It comes with Ultra fast connection speed, allowing users to have top-quality streaming without error.
Its high-speed servers can easily unblock geo-restricted streaming platforms, encrypt your data, bypass the IP tracking system, and provide unlimited bandwidth for bufferless streaming.
Regarding device compatibility, ExpressVPN has a dedicated VPN app designed for all compatible devices and routers. It offers five simultaneous device connections that you can run on macOS, iOS, Android, Fire devices, browsers, gaming consoles, routers, smart TVs, and more.
Now, let's talk about its price!
Its yearly subscription will cost you $6.67/month, with an extra three months for free. Furthermore, you can connect up to 5 simultaneous devices with a single subscription.
- Compatible with all streaming sites
- Connect up to 6 devices
- It works in China & UAE
- Follows Zero Log Policy
- 7-day free trial
- A bit costly service
Surfshark — Affordable VPN to Access YouTube TV in Canada
- Comes with SmartDNS to unblock content on non-native devices
- 3,200 servers in 100 countries, including 20+ location servers in the US.
- Compatible with Android, Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, smart TVs, and more
- Offers minimum price of about $2.30/month with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Surfshark's minimum price tag makes it the most wallet-friendly VPN for streaming. It is equipped with 3000+ global servers in 100 countries, including 20+ location servers in the US. Surfshark stands out among all is non, but it's a Smart DNS server that enables users to access geo-restricted content without a native app.
Moreover, a Surfshark subscription ensures unlimited device connection on all compatible devices, whether Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, smart TVs, or more.
Regarding price, you can expect to have $2.30/month, saving 82% on its two-year plan along with two extra months. It offers a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee, ultra HD streaming, Unlimited bandwidth, and Zero log policy, all wrapped under its modest pricing plan.
- Compatible with all streaming sites
- Connect up to 6 devices
- It works in China & UAE
- Follows Zero Log Policy
- 7-day free trial
- Poor Customer Support
- Some user experience low speed
NordVPN — Reliable VPN to Stream YouTube TV in Canada
- NordLynx Protocol to help boost streaming experience
- 5000+ Servers in 60 Countries including 17 location servers in the US.
- Comes with 6 simultaneous device connections.
- Compatible with Android, Windows, iOS, Linus, Smart TVs & Routers.
When it comes to reliability, you won't find any other option better than NordVPN!
Apart from its giant web of VPN servers, including 17 server locations in the US, NordVPN has recently launched NordLynx. This new-generation VPN protocol provides an improved connection for an uninterrupted streaming experience.
NordVPN has SmartPlay integration that unblocks various content with its IP spoofing feature. Like Surfshark, NordVPN incorporates its dedicated SmartDNS service that can easily unblock geo-restricted content on devices with no native app.
You can connect Nord with almost all devices, including windows, macOS, Android, Apple, Smart TV, Xbox, PS series, and more. The cost will drastically reduce if you opt for its two-year plan, which will cost you $3.49/per month, six device connections, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- 5000+ global servers
- Secure VPN System
- Zero Logs Policy
- Works in China and the UAE
- 24/7 Live Chat Support
- Military grade Encryption
- Private DNS System
- Little Expensive
- No app for router
Criteria to Choose the Best VPN for YouTube TV in Canada
How do I know which VPN to choose? To select the best VPN for you, try to get the information about the VPNs and then choose according to your need.
- It must have a very strong security system against blocked sites.
- They have a huge variety of servers available for the location that you want to access.
- Must have the capability to unblock all the geo-restricted sites.
- Customer service should be available 24/7.
- It must have developed the fastest bandwidth and a 4K streaming option.
- Ensure it supports all devices, Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Firestick, Android Smart TV, etc.
Should I use a free VPN to Watch YouTube TV in Canada?
Are these free VPNs safe to use? No, with a free VPN, you cannot bypass the restrictions. YouTube Tv is one of the biggest streaming sites in America, so you cannot easily bypass its restrictions because it has the strongest security system.
And these free VPNs are easily trackable; they cannot provide the ultimate privacy, not even a good connection to watch anything buffer-less.
How Much Does YouTube TV Cost in Canada?
The basic package of YouTube TV includes:
- USD 64.99 per month (which is equal to CAD 82.58 per month).
- You can access it on 6 devices at the same time.
- It allows you a 5-day free trial.
- You can watch 90+ YouTube TV channels.
Do I need to pay extra for the YouTube TV add-ons in Canada?
Yes, to access more entertainment content, you need to pay extra; you need to pay an additional $37 per month for more services.
More options are available:
- $6 per month for Acorn TV
- $5 per month for AMC Premiere
- $15 per month HBO Max
- $11 per month Showtime
- $9 per month Starz
What devices Support YouTube TV?
YouTube TV supports many devices. You can use it on PC, Android, iOS, iPhone/iPad, and PlayStation, Android.
Here is a complete guideline on how you can use it on devices:
For PC Users
- Download and install a premium VPN on your computer. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server.
- Go to the YouTube TV website and sign up for an account or log in.
- If you’re still having trouble watching YouTube TV, delete your cookies and cache before logging in.
For Android Users
- Download and Open ExpressVPN app on your Android device.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Sign up for a new Google account and log in.
- Look for the YouTube TV app in the Play Store.
- Download it and sign up for a free account.
- YouTube TV is now available on your Android device.
For Amazon Fire Stick Users
- Search for the compatible VPN option on your Amazon App store. (We would recommend ExpressVPN for this).
- Download & set up a VPN on your Amazon Fire device.
- Look for the US server and connect with it.
- Sign in to YouTube TV and enjoy streaming the YouTube TV.
For PlayStation Users
- Get VPN that is compatible with your router.
- Set up a VPN and connect it with your router.
- Visit the category of TV/Video Services.
- Check the list of alternatives, find “YouTube TV”.
- Choose “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- YouTube TV has now been added to your “My Channels” list.
For Xbox Devices Users
- Download a premium quality VPN we recommend ExpressVPN.
- Setup VPN connection on your Router.
- Go to the Xbox menu, choose “My games & apps.”
- Look for “YouTube TV” in the “Xbox Store.”
- Now click the “Install” button.
- And enjoy YouTube TV streaming.
For iOS (iPhone/iPad) User
- Start by changing your Apple ID region to America in Settings > Network.
- Open ExpressVPN on your iOS device.
- Connect to a server in the US.
- Look for YouTube TV in the Apple App Store.
- Download the app and sign in to your account to start streaming YouTube TV.
For Windows Users
- First of all, download a VPN on your windows.
- Then, Get into the installation process to set up a VPN.
- Find the appropriate US server.
- Log in to YouTube TV and start watching a load of US content.
For Roku Users
- Install ExpressVPN and register your account.
- Connect it with your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect VPN to a US server.
- Open Roku and set it up on your TV.
- Go to your device, select YouTube TV on the Roku home screen, and enjoy YouTube TV streaming.
For Smart TV Users
- Download a premium VPN. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a US-based server.
- Go into your Wi-Fi router’s admin.
- Connect it to your VPN network.
- Download the YouTube TV app on your smart TV, and create a free account to start streaming.
How to Fix YouTube TV VPN/Proxy Detected Error?
If your VPN/proxy is detected, try to connect your VPN with a different server, this option is available in premium VPNs like ExpressVPN; they have a huge variety of servers available in the US.
Your VPN/proxy is mostly tracked because you are using a free or low-quality VPN that cannot provide you with a better and more secure connection. Then, the YouTube security connection easily tracks your IP address and blocks you.
Read this for Further information about YouTube TV VPN Proxy detected Error.
How do I spoof my location on YouTube TV?
The best trick to spoof your location is using a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
Once you purchase a VPN, and connect it to the US server, it will replace your IP address and change it into an American’s IP address.
Then you can easily watch YouTube TV in Canada.
What to watch on YouTube TV in Canada?
YouTube TV offers so much content for its subscribers; here is a list of what you can watch on YouTube TV in Canada.
TV Shows on YouTube TV
- The Boys (2019)
- The Old Man (2022)
- Alone (2015)
- Dark Winds (2022)
- P-Valley (2020- )
- Flowers in the Attic: The Origin (2022)
- The Villains of Valley View (2022)
- Hotel Portofino (2022)
- We Own This City (2022)
- Westworld (2016)
- The Night Shift (2014 – 2017)
- Suits (2011 – 2019)
- The Fosters (2013 – 2018)
- Cruel Summer (2021)
- Switched at Birth (2011 – 2017)
- Barry (2018)
- Girls (2012 – 2017)
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine (2013 – 2021)
- Pivoting (2022)
- Community (2009 – 2015)
Movies on YouTube TV
- Project Almanac (2015)
- The Rising Hawk (2019)
- Before We Go (2014)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
- The First Time (2012)
- The Batman (2022)
- The Ron Clark Story (2006)
- Sydney White (2007)
- Secret Window (2004)
- The Tourist (2010)
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008)
- What About Bob? (1991)
- Blitz (2011)
- The Terminator (1984)
- Die Hard (1988)
- The Mask of Zorro (1998)
- Train to Busan (2016)
- The Illusionist (2006)
- The DUFF (2015)
- The Secret of NIMH (1982)
- Z for Zachariah (2015)
- Dear Mr. Watterson (2013)
- Fanboys (2009)
- Free to Play (2014)
- Nosferatu (1922)
- The General (1926)
- Kung Fury (2015)
- Reefer Madness (Tell Your Children) (1936)
- With Great Power: The Stan Lee Story (2010)
- Night of the Living Dead (1968)
YouTube TV Alternatives in Canada
The YouTube TV alternates that you can access:
- Hulu with Live TV
- Sling TV
- DirecTV Stream
What countries is YouTube TV available in?
American streaming is only available in the US region due to its geo-restriction policies; however, if you want to access YouTube TV outside the USA, you need a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
A premium VPN can easily bypass its geo-restrictions then. So, for example, you can access YouTube Outside the US.
- YouTube TV in Australia
- YouTube TV in UK
- YouTube TV in South Africa
- YouTube TV in Mexico
- YouTube TV in France
FAQs on YouTube TV in Canada
Is YouTube TV available in Canada?
No, it is only available in America. However, you can access it by purchasing a premium VPN like ExpressVPN; it is easily accessible in any country.
When is YouTube TV coming to Canada?
There is no news of YouTube coming to Canada; you can enjoy it by purchasing a premium VPN that offers amazing packages, and then you can enjoy it in Canada.
Is YouTube TV worth it?
Yes, it offers such amazing content; you can access 85+ channels, including News, Entertainment, Sports, Lifestyle, and many other amazing TV shows and movies.
Does YouTube TV work in Canada with VPN?
Yes, it works in Canada with a premium VPN; for a better and more secure connection, download ExpressVPN and enjoy streaming YouTube TV.
Can I watch YouTube TV with Chromecast in Canada in 2023?
- First, download a VPN on your mobile phone.
- Connect it to any US Server.
- Go to the YouTube TV app on your mobile phone.
- Now show your phone screen to your smart TV using Chromecast.
- And Enjoy YouTube TV in Canada with Chromecast.
How to fix the Failed purchase. Try again; error on YouTube TV?
- Follow these basic steps to resolve this issue:
- Fix credit card and debit card issues.
- Your card information is updated.
- Add any required information.
- Make sure that you have enough money to repurchase.
- Contact the bank or company that issued your credit card.
- Try to use different payment methods.
Is YouTube TV free with Amazon Prime?
No, YouTube TV is not free with Amazon Prime; However, you can acquire it for a seven-day free trial.
Does YouTube TV have a free trial in Canada?
First, you must pay in CAD; you can get a 14-day free trial version if you have subscribed with a valid Email address.
Does YouTube TV have a device limit?
You can watch it on three devices simultaneously, with a better connection.
What is Smart YouTube TV?
It is an APK file by which you can download YouTube TV on Amazon Fire TV and Android box; you don’t need Google Play Services.
What new channels are coming to YouTube TV?
No confirmed news about this; however, there are chances to add weather channels and other networks to the subscription of YouTube TV.
To sum up, YouTube TV is geo-restricted, which means you can not access its streaming services everywhere. But our latest article on how to watch YouTube TV in Canada is all set to help you out.