How to Watch Tubi TV in South Africa [Easy Guide December 2023]
Is Tubi TV available in South Africa? Unfortunately, not. But there is good news for you. With the help of a premium VPN, you can easily watch Tubi TV in South Africa. And we strongly recommend ExpressVPN.
Tubi TV is a US-based streaming platform that is free and ad-supported. The downside is that you can only access Tubi TV in USA and some other countries.
But remember that the US library offers the best content, and you can access Tubi TV US library in South Africa by using a premium VPN.
How to Watch Tubi TV in South Africa [5 Simple Steps December 2023]
So without further ado, let’s look at the 5 simple steps to access Tubi TV in South Africa.
Follow these steps to access Tubi TV in South Africa with 5 simple steps:
- Subscribe to a high-quality VPN (ExpressVPN is our top pick).
- Download and set up the VPN app.
- Sign in on the VPN with your credentials.
- Connect the VPN to a US-based server.
- Now, visit the Tubi TV official website and enjoy streaming Tubi TV in South Africa.
What is Tubi TV and Why is Tubi TV Geo-restricted in South Africa?
What is Tubi TV? Tubi TV is a popular free streaming service in the United States that is owned by Fox Corporation. Tubi TV has provided free streaming video-on-demand services since 2014. It hosts approximately 132 million hours of content and has 20 million active monthly visitors.
Tubi TV is available in USA, Mexico, Australia, Canada, and New Zealand. But you can not stream Tubi TV in South Africa.
The reason for the geo-restriction is due to licensing agreements and broadcasting rights. However, there is some good news! Tubi TV can be readily accessed in South Africa by a premium VPN. We strongly advise you to utilize ExpressVPN to bypass these geo-restrictions.
3 Best VPNs to Watch Tubi TV in South Africa [Quick overview Dec 2023]
We can assist you if you need to sign up for a VPN immediately. Read our simple guide below to find the perfect one for you. However, if you ask us, we believe ExpressVPN is the finest alternative.
- ExpressVPN — It comes with lightning fast VPN connection to ensure you Ultra HD streaming from anywhere at any time. You can access 3000+ global servers, including 20+ location servers in the US. In addition to this, you can save up to 49% on its 1-year plan, cutting the original cost to only $6.71/month.
- Surfshark — Features smart DNS to unblock streaming platforms and channels that don’t support the app. You can access 3200+ global servers at low prices, including 20+ US servers. So you will always have something to watch when the cost is $2.30 a month. In addition, you can get an 82% discount on its 2-year plan and an unlimited device connection.
- NordVPN — It ensures reliable VPN connection & buffer-free streaming from anywhere. With many servers, you can stream restricted content without violating your privacy. The subscription comes with easy access to 5000+ global servers, including 1970+ servers in the US. In addition, a huge 68% discount is available on its 2-year plan, so you will only need to pay $3.71 a month.
Why is a VPN Necessary to Watch Tubi TV in South Africa?
Tubi TV, like many other streaming sites, is a geo-restricted streaming platform. When you try to access Tubi TV from South Africa, the following line appears:
“Unfortunately, Tubi is not currently available in your area.”
Tubi TV uses geolocation technology to locate its users’ locations; if they live outside the United States, they are immediately blocked.
That’s where the VPN comes in; it transforms your IP address to one in the United States, allowing you to watch Tubi TV from anywhere in the world.
ExpressVPN is also highly recommended by the StreamMaestro team because it is one of the quickest and most reputable VPNs on the market.
3 Best VPNs to Watch Tubi TV in South Africa [A Detailed Analysis December 2023]
Following are the 3 best VPNs that we shortlisted for you after trying and testing hundreds of them.
ExpressVPN – Most Reliable VPN to Watch Tubi TV in South Africa
- Ultra-Fast speed with unlimited bandwidth for bufferless streaming.
- 3000+ Servers in 90+ Countries, including 20+ location servers in US.
- Comes with five simultaneous device connections
- Compatible with Windows, MacOS, iOS, Smart TV, Linux, and more.
ExpressVPN has incredible server speed to ensure smooth and high-quality streaming from anywhere. It has 3000+ optimized servers installed in 90+ countries and 20+ location servers in the US only. It comes with Ultra fast connection speed, allowing users to have top-quality streaming without error.
Its high-speed servers can easily unblock geo-restricted streaming platforms, encrypt your data, bypass the IP tracking system, and provide unlimited bandwidth for bufferless streaming.
Regarding device compatibility, ExpressVPN has a dedicated VPN app designed for all compatible devices and routers. It offers five simultaneous device connections that you can run on macOS, iOS, Android, Fire devices, browsers, gaming consoles, routers, smart TVs, and more.
Now, let's talk about its price!
Its yearly subscription will cost you $6.67/month, with an extra three months for free. Furthermore, you can connect up to 5 simultaneous devices with a single subscription.
- Compatible with all streaming sites
- Connect up to 6 devices
- It works in China & UAE
- Follows Zero Log Policy
- 7-day free trial
- A bit costly service
Surfshark – Inexpensive VPN to Stream Tubi TV in South Africa
- Comes with SmartDNS to unblock content on non-native devices
- 3,200 servers in 100 countries, including 20+ location servers in the US.
- Compatible with Android, Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, smart TVs, and more
- Offers minimum price of about $2.30/month with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Surfshark's minimum price tag makes it the most wallet-friendly VPN for streaming. It is equipped with 3000+ global servers in 100 countries, including 20+ location servers in the US. Surfshark stands out among all is non, but it's a Smart DNS server that enables users to access geo-restricted content without a native app.
Moreover, a Surfshark subscription ensures unlimited device connection on all compatible devices, whether Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, smart TVs, or more.
Regarding price, you can expect to have $2.30/month, saving 82% on its two-year plan along with two extra months. It offers a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee, ultra HD streaming, Unlimited bandwidth, and Zero log policy, all wrapped under its modest pricing plan.
- Compatible with all streaming sites
- Connect up to 6 devices
- It works in China & UAE
- Follows Zero Log Policy
- 7-day free trial
- Poor Customer Support
- Some user experience low speed
NordVPN – Secure VPN to Access Tubi TV in South Africa
- NordLynx Protocol to help boost streaming experience
- 5000+ Servers in 60 Countries including 17 location servers in the US.
- Comes with 6 simultaneous device connections.
- Compatible with Android, Windows, iOS, Linus, Smart TVs & Routers.
When it comes to reliability, you won't find any other option better than NordVPN!
Apart from its giant web of VPN servers, including 17 server locations in the US, NordVPN has recently launched NordLynx. This new-generation VPN protocol provides an improved connection for an uninterrupted streaming experience.
NordVPN has SmartPlay integration that unblocks various content with its IP spoofing feature. Like Surfshark, NordVPN incorporates its dedicated SmartDNS service that can easily unblock geo-restricted content on devices with no native app.
You can connect Nord with almost all devices, including windows, macOS, Android, Apple, Smart TV, Xbox, PS series, and more. The cost will drastically reduce if you opt for its two-year plan, which will cost you $3.49/per month, six device connections, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- 5000+ global servers
- Secure VPN System
- Zero Logs Policy
- Works in China and the UAE
- 24/7 Live Chat Support
- Military grade Encryption
- Private DNS System
- Little Expensive
- No app for router
Can I Watch Tubi TV in South Africa with a Free VPN?
Can I use a Free VPN to watch Tubi TV? We advise you not to. You see, Free VPNs are full of risks and dangers. They are also easy to detect, so you might get blocked from the streaming platform.
Plus, Free VPNs are involved in some shady business. We don’t want your privacy to be jeopardized and your safety to be put at risk. If you value your personal data, you will opt out of using any Free VPN.
Free VPNs don’t even provide you with authentic servers. You will also be bombarded by numerous pop-up ads on your screen, which will irritate your precious streaming time.
Therefore, let’s stay away from Free VPNs because we value your privacy.
How to Register for Tubi TV in South Africa
Tubi TV is a free ad-supported streaming platform that does not require registration. However, if you want to access some of the most popular content, you must register for the service using your email. And to do so, you have to fill out the following information.
After filling out all the information above, Register yourself with the authorities of Tubi TV and that’s it. Now you can enjoy your desired entertainment content on Tubi TV in South Africa.
How much does Tubi TV in South Africa cost?
Are you interested in how much Tubi TV costs in South Africa? Then, you will be joyful to know that there is no cost attached to Tubi TV. It’s a 100 percent ad-supported streaming service.
However, if you want to watch Tubi TV in South Africa, then you have to use a premium and robust VPN to stream. We use ExpressVPN and suggest you do it as well. You won’t be disappointed!
Compatible Devices to Watch Tubi TV in South Africa
In South Africa, you can stream Tubi TV using a VPN. However, the procedure may differ from one device to another. So, by following the steps below, you can watch Tubi TV on your preferred device.
How to Watch Tubi TV on Android Devices
Read the steps below to stream Tubi TV on Android:
- Download ExpressVPN and set up your account.
- Install the VPN application & connect with a server in the US.
- Download the Tubi TV app from the Play Store.
- Log in with your credentials.
- Now you can watch Tubi TV without limitations.
How to Watch Tubi TV on iOS Devices
Follow the steps below if you want to binge Tubi TV on iOS device:
- Set the location to the US from the network settings.
- Download ExpressVPN and log in.
- Connect the device with a US-based server.
- Download the Tubi TV app from the Apple Store.
- Log in with the required credentials.
- You can now start streaming Tubi TV.
How to Watch Tubi TV on Roku Device
If you want to stream Tubi TV on Roku device, follow the steps below:
- Install ExpressVPN and register your account.
- Connect it with your Wi-Fi router.
- Connect VPN to a US server.
- Open Roku and set it up on your TV.
- Click on Tubi TV and start streaming.
How to Watch Tubi TV on PS3/PS4
Please find the steps below to stream Tubi TV on PS3/PS4:
- Download and install a VPN service on your router.
- Connect it with the server in the US.
- Locate TV/Video Services on your PlayStation.
- Now Search for Tubi TV.
- You will see the “Get” option. Click on it.
- Visit the channel page.
- Hit on Tubi TV to start streaming.
How to Watch Tubi TV on Xbox
Follow these steps if you wish to binge Tubi TV on Xbox:
- Download the VPN App. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Connect it with a US-based server.
- Locate the Xbox Store.
- Search for Tubi TV.
- Download the application.
- Watch your favorite TV shows on Tubi TV.
How to Watch Tubi TV on Kodi
Keep reading to follow the steps so you can watch Tubi TV on Kodi:
- Download and set up a VPN on your computer – We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Use a USB to transfer the setup to the Kodi device.
- Open the device. Go to Settings > System Settings.
- Download the VPN and connect with a US server.
- Go to add-ons and get Tubi TV.
- Now Tubi TV is ready for streaming.
How to Watch Tubi TV on Fire Stick
If you want to watch Tubi TV on Fire Stick, follow these steps:
- Open up your Fire Stick device.
- Head to “Unknown Sources.”
- Download ExpressVPN.
- Get Tubi TV through a quick search.
- Open Tubi TV and start streaming.
How to Watch Tubi TV on MacOS
Follow the steps to binge Tubi TV on MacOS:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN.
- Go to Apple menu, then System Preferences, and then Network.
- Click on the Action menu.
- Choose Import Configurations > Select ExpressVPN > Import.
- Open the web browser.
- Search for the Tubi TV official website.
- Log in using your credentials or create an account.
- Binge-watch Tubi TV for hours.
How to Watch Tubi TV on Apple TV
Apple TV does not support VPN software. You will need to install ExpressVPN MediaStreamer. Next, follow these steps:
- First, head to the ExpressVPN DNS Setting page to register your US IP address.
- Next, go to Setup Page > Settings Menu > Desired IP address.
- Then to Network> Configure DNS > Select Manual.
- Type the IP address that you used before.
- Finally, install the Tubi TV app to start watching your favorite shows.
How to Watch Tubi TV on Smart TV
Read along to watch Tubi TV on Smart TV:
- Install VPN – We recommend ExpressVPN
- Connect to a US server.
- Connect the Wi-Fi with the VPN server.
- Download the Tubi TV app to start streaming.
How to Watch Tubi TV on PC
Follow the steps below to stream Tubi TV on PC:
- Install ExpressVPN and subscribe to it.
- Connect to a US server.
- Head to the Tubi TV official website.
- Log in & start streaming Tubi TV on PC.
How to Fix Tubi TV Not Working Issues in South Africa? [Easy Fixes]
You don’t have to panic if you run into a malfunctioning issue with your Tubi TV account. Calm down, and let’s review these steps for a smoother streaming session.
Restart Your Web Browser Or Relaunch The Tubi TV App
A quick restart will sometimes allow you to refresh and repair whatever error you are facing on the platform. Refresh the Tubi TV website and restart the web browser to accomplish this.
If you’re streaming with the Tubi TV app, close it and wait a few seconds before relaunching it.
Everything should work well; if not, move on to the next step.
Power Cycle All Your Devices
Tubi TV’s problems could be caused by your Internet network connection. Your Internet connection can be restored by power cycling your streaming and network devices. Here are the steps you can follow:
- Turn off all your devices and unplug your modem and router.
- Before plugging your devices back in, wait at least one minute.
- Once that’s done, turn on your streaming device and connect to the Internet.
- Relaunch the app, and you can now stream Tubi TV.
If the problem continues, then proceed to the next step.
Use A Quality VPN Service
Geo-blocking can occasionally produce errors. If this is the case, you will require a high-quality VPN to avoid geo-blocking swiftly. ExpressVPN is highly recommended because it has the fastest and most efficient servers for bypassing geo-blocks.
If the problem persists, then try the below tip to fix it.
Clear The Cache And Cookies Data
Clearing cache data and removing cookies helps to refresh the memory of your device so Tubi TV can work efficiently.
After you’ve cleared the cache, recheck the Tubi TV. If you cannot stream, move on to the next option.
Update The Tubi App
One of the reasons is that you haven’t updated the app yet. So, go to the app store on your streaming device, search for Tubi TV and update it.
It should work fine. If not, see the next top below.
Reinstall The Tubi TV App
If none of the techniques work, uninstall the Tubi TV app and install it again. To do so, follow these steps:
On your streaming device, go to the apps section.
- Search For ‘Tubi TV.’
- Press the Tubi TV app icon for a moment.
- Then select ‘Uninstall’ from the menu.
Once that’s done, go to the Store application on your device and reinstall it. We hope these easy fixes will help you resolve Tubi TV not working issues.
What are the Pros & Cons of Tubi TV?
Tubi TV is a great platform, but there are still some pros and cons to keep in mind:
Tubi TV Pros
- The content is 100 percent free to stream
- The interface is easy to use
- A wide range of content
- Low advertising frequency
- Compatible with the majority of streaming devices
- A dedicated category for kids and parental controls
Tubi TV Cons
- The majority of the content is outdated
- There is no subscription option for ad-free streaming
- It does not support streaming in 1080p and 4K
- There is a relatively small selection of TV shows.
Does Tubi TV Run Commercials in South Africa?
Tubi TV is a free streaming service. Therefore, to earn revenue, they run advertisements.
However, Tubi TV ads don’t bother you much, unlike cable TV advertisements, as they only show occasionally for a short time.
What to watch on Tubi TV in South Africa
Tubi TV has over 40k movies and shows. However, we have selected the best films and shows on Tubi TV for your ease.
Most Popular Movies on Tubi TV
The most popular movies on Tubi TV are as follows:
- Fight Club
- Resident Evil
- Schindler's List
- The Terminator
- The Hunger Games
- The Thomas Crown Affair
Most Popular TV Shows on Tubi TV
The most popular TV shows on Tubi TV outside USA are as follows:
- The Fall
- Elfen Lied
- Doc Martin
- Beast Wars
- The Lost Room
- Masters of Horror
- Midsomer Murders
What Channels are Offered by Tubi TV?
Currently, Tubi TV offers 122 live channels, including fan favorites such as:
- People TV
- USA Today
- Fox Sports
- NFL Channel
- ABC News Live
- NBC News Now
- Johnny Carson TV
- The Carol Burnett Show
- The Dick Van Dyke Show
- Mystery Science Theater 3000
In which other countries can I watch Tubi TV besides South Africa?
Outside of the USA, Tubi TV is available in Australia, Canada, Mexico, and New Zealand. However, you can also watch Tubi TV in South Africa with ease.
A premium VPN, like ExpressVPN, will allow you to access Tubi TV in South Africa by connecting to a server in USA.
FAQs on Tubi TV in South Africa
How can I Access Tubi TV in South Africa?
You need a high-quality VPN and the connection of the VPN to a server in the USA. Go to the app store, and download Tubi TV in South Africa.
Why isn’t Tubi TV Available in South Africa?
A key reason for the Tubi TV geo-restrictions in South Africa is the limitation of licensing agreements and broadcasting rights.
How to Get Tubi TV in South Africa when traveling?
You only need to register for a premium VPN such as ExpressVPN and connect to its server in the USA. This way, you can quickly get the Tubi TV in South Africa while traveling.
Is it Legal to Watch Tubi TV in South Africa?
Yes, it is lawful to watch Tubi TV in South Africa. You only need a premium VPN such as ExpressVPN to access Tubi TV in South Africa.
How Much Does Tubi TV Cost in South Africa?
Tubi TV is a completely free, ad-supported platform. To generate cash, they only show in-stream advertisements.
Is Tubi TV free in South Africa?
Yes, Tubi TV is 100% free to stream. However, in South Africa, you will need a Trusted VPN to bypass the geo-limitations.
Why should I Choose Tubi TV?
Here are the top reasons to choose Tubi TV:
- The content is 100% free to stream.
- The UI is easy to use.
- A wide range of content.
- It has a low advertorial frequency.
- It is compatible with most streaming devices.
- A separate category for kids and parental controls.
Can I change my Region in Tubi TV in South Africa?
There is no fixed option to change the region within Tubi TV. But you can change your location by connecting to a quality VPN server in the country you want to watch Tubi TV.
Let’s wrap up today; as we have covered everything you were curious about Tubi TV in South Africa. Now, with the help of a high-quality VPN such as ExpressVPN, you can conveniently watch Tubi TV in South Africa.
We suggest using a reliable and robust VPN service such as ExpressVPN. It provides a limited-time 3-month free subscription on its annual subscription plan, so it’s a win-win deal.
So, what are you waiting for? Tubi TV may be a good choice you make this year, but subscribing to ExpressVPN is no doubt the best pick you could make!