How to Watch Stan Outside Australia [A Proven Guide December 2023]
Are you wondering, Can I watch Stan outside Australia? Yes, you can but only by using a premium VPN; our recommendation is ExpressVPN. Stan is an elite entertainment platform from Australia streaming American and British programs.
Stan is the latest in-house movie streaming service for Australian residents and aims to go head-to-head with Netflix. From quality American and British programming to Stan exclusives like Wolf Creek, there’s plenty to watch, but if you live outside of Australia, you won’t be able to watch.
But don’t worry, just follow the below 5 easy steps to watch Stan Outside Australia.
How to Watch Stan Outside Australia [5 Step Guide Dec 2023]
- Sign up for a reliable VPN (We strongly recommend ExpressVPN).
- Download the VPN app on your streaming device.
- Sign up and log in with your credentials.
- Use the VPN app to connect to a server in Australia.
- Now, Visit the official Stan website and enjoy streaming Stan outside Australia.
Why is VPN Needed to Unblock Stan Outside Australia?
Stan is the top-class OTT streaming service in Australia. The streaming platform is home to many of the world’s best movies, like Animal Kingdom, Parasite, Locke, and The Dark Knight. Unfortunately, the service is exclusively available in Australia.
Thus, if you try accessing Stan outside Australia, the following error message will likely appear on your screen:
“Sorry, we couldn’t log you in.
Stan is not available in your region. If you are inside Australia but are using a VPN, please turn your VPN off and try again.
If you require access to your account, jump onto help.stan.com.au and get in touch with our support team.
(Error code: L8)”
Stan uses geolocation technology to pinpoint where their viewers are; if they’re not in Australia, Stan blocks them immediately.
That is why you need a VPN; it changes your IP address to Australia and allows you to access Stan outside Australia instantly. And the team of experts at StreamMaestro strongly suggests ExpressVPN because it’s one of the fastest and most trustworthy VPNs in the market.
3 Best VPNs to Watch Stan Outside Australia [Quick Overview 2023]
To steam Stan outside of Australia, you would need a VPN. Finding the right VPN is crucial. Thus, we have saved you the trouble and suggested the 3 best VPNs to use when streaming Stan outside of Australia.
- ExpressVPN — It comes with lightning fast VPN connection to ensure you Ultra HD streaming from anywhere at any time. You can access 3000+ global servers, including 20+ location servers in the US. In addition to this, you can save up to 49% on its 1-year plan, cutting the original cost to only $6.71/month.
- Surfshark — Features smart DNS to unblock streaming platforms and channels that don’t support the app. You can access 3200+ global servers at low prices, including 20+ US servers. So you will always have something to watch when the cost is $2.30 a month. In addition, you can get an 82% discount on its 2-year plan and an unlimited device connection.
- NordVPN — It ensures reliable VPN connection & buffer-free streaming from anywhere. With many servers, you can stream restricted content without violating your privacy. The subscription comes with easy access to 5000+ global servers, including 1970+ servers in the US. In addition, a huge 68% discount is available on its 2-year plan, so you will only need to pay $3.71 a month.
3 Best VPNs to Watch Stan Outside Australia [An In-Depth Overview 2023]
To stream Stan outside Australia, you would need a VPN. Here are some VPNs we recommend you try. These are trustable and reliable VPNs to bypass the geo-restriction of Stan.
ExpressVPN – Most Reliable VPN to Watch Stan Outside Australia
- Ultra-Fast speed with unlimited bandwidth for bufferless streaming.
- 3000+ Servers in 90+ Countries, including 20+ location servers in US.
- Comes with five simultaneous device connections
- Compatible with Windows, MacOS, iOS, Smart TV, Linux, and more.
ExpressVPN has incredible server speed to ensure smooth and high-quality streaming from anywhere. It has 3000+ optimized servers installed in 90+ countries and 20+ location servers in the US only. It comes with Ultra fast connection speed, allowing users to have top-quality streaming without error.
Its high-speed servers can easily unblock geo-restricted streaming platforms, encrypt your data, bypass the IP tracking system, and provide unlimited bandwidth for bufferless streaming.
Regarding device compatibility, ExpressVPN has a dedicated VPN app designed for all compatible devices and routers. It offers five simultaneous device connections that you can run on macOS, iOS, Android, Fire devices, browsers, gaming consoles, routers, smart TVs, and more.
Now, let's talk about its price!
Its yearly subscription will cost you $6.67/month, with an extra three months for free. Furthermore, you can connect up to 5 simultaneous devices with a single subscription.
- Compatible with all streaming sites
- Connect up to 6 devices
- It works in China & UAE
- Follows Zero Log Policy
- 7-day free trial
- A bit costly service
Surfshark – Inexpensive VPN to Stream Stan Outside Australia
- Comes with SmartDNS to unblock content on non-native devices
- 3,200 servers in 100 countries, including 20+ location servers in the US.
- Compatible with Android, Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, smart TVs, and more
- Offers minimum price of about $2.30/month with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Surfshark's minimum price tag makes it the most wallet-friendly VPN for streaming. It is equipped with 3000+ global servers in 100 countries, including 20+ location servers in the US. Surfshark stands out among all is non, but it's a Smart DNS server that enables users to access geo-restricted content without a native app.
Moreover, a Surfshark subscription ensures unlimited device connection on all compatible devices, whether Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, routers, smart TVs, or more.
Regarding price, you can expect to have $2.30/month, saving 82% on its two-year plan along with two extra months. It offers a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee, ultra HD streaming, Unlimited bandwidth, and Zero log policy, all wrapped under its modest pricing plan.
- Compatible with all streaming sites
- Connect up to 6 devices
- It works in China & UAE
- Follows Zero Log Policy
- 7-day free trial
- Poor Customer Support
- Some user experience low speed
NordVPN – Secure VPN to Access Stan Outside Australia
- NordLynx Protocol to help boost streaming experience
- 5000+ Servers in 60 Countries including 17 location servers in the US.
- Comes with 6 simultaneous device connections.
- Compatible with Android, Windows, iOS, Linus, Smart TVs & Routers.
When it comes to reliability, you won't find any other option better than NordVPN!
Apart from its giant web of VPN servers, including 17 server locations in the US, NordVPN has recently launched NordLynx. This new-generation VPN protocol provides an improved connection for an uninterrupted streaming experience.
NordVPN has SmartPlay integration that unblocks various content with its IP spoofing feature. Like Surfshark, NordVPN incorporates its dedicated SmartDNS service that can easily unblock geo-restricted content on devices with no native app.
You can connect Nord with almost all devices, including windows, macOS, Android, Apple, Smart TV, Xbox, PS series, and more. The cost will drastically reduce if you opt for its two-year plan, which will cost you $3.49/per month, six device connections, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- 5000+ global servers
- Secure VPN System
- Zero Logs Policy
- Works in China and the UAE
- 24/7 Live Chat Support
- Military grade Encryption
- Private DNS System
- Little Expensive
- No app for router
Criteria to Choose the Best VPN to Watch Stan Outside Australia
There are so many VPNs, but not every VPN can allow you to watch Stan outside Australia. That’s why the team of experts at StreamMaestro has created specific criteria to choose The best VPN to unblock Stan outside Australia.
We consider the following criteria before choosing the best streaming VPN to watch Stand outside Australia.
- VPN Server Availability: We pick the VPN that replaces its blocked servers frequently with new ones. So you won’t experience any issues regarding geo-restrictions.
- VPN Capable of Unblocking Multiple Streaming Services: We choose the VPN that can easily bypass geo-restrictions for various streaming platforms such as Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, Stan, etc.
- Multi-Device Connection: A VPN that allows multiple simultaneous connections, and all the VPNs we reviewed allow you to connect at least five devices simultaneously.
- VPN that Offers Free Trial: The VPN must offer a free trial of at least 7-days. And all the VPNs we listed above offer you a 7-day free trial with a 30-day money-back guarantee with the annual subscription plan.
- VPN with the Most Multi-Platform Apps: We prefer to choose the VPN that provides apps for most operating systems and devices, such as Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, Amazon FireSticks, and Roku.
- The Best Customer Support: It doesn’t matter how good your VPN is or what streaming platform you’re using. Occasionally, you may encounter problems that only the VPN support team can help you with. So that is why we choose the VPN with the best and most reliable customer support.
- Zero Log Policy: A zero log policy guarantees that none of the activities on your device are logged by the VPN company. And all the VPNs on our list imply that.
Can I Use a Free VPN to Unblock Stan Outside Australia?
You should not use a free VPN to unblock Stan outside Australia because there are lots of risks and constraints associated with free VPNs. That’s why we don’t recommend free VPNs to unblock Stan outside Australia.
Also, we have already discussed that Stan employs geolocation technology to identify its viewers, and if they’re not in Australia, Stan blocks them immediately.
When that happens, Free VPNs don’t reassign you with new servers. On the other hand, paid VPNs, such as ExpressVPN, change their blocked servers on a regular basis with new ones. So, you don’t have to worry about any concerns regarding geo-restrictions.
That’s why we strongly recommend ExpressVPN to our readers, as it’s one of the fastest and most trustworthy VPNs.
How Can I Subscribe Stan Outside Australia?
To binge Stan outside, you would need to subscribe to the service. Follow the steps below to subscribe Stan outside Australia.
- Subscribe to premium VPN, and we recommend ExpressVPN.
- Log in to the ExpressVPN app and connect to the server in Australia.
- Go to www.stan.com.au
- Provide your email address
- Click on “start your free trial.”
- Now, choose your favorite “Stan Free Trial Plan.”
- Select the premium plan to enjoy all its features
- Provide your details, password, and credit card information.
- And accept the service agreement terms.
- Now enjoy Stan’s premium content.
Note: If you want to use it for free, then keep in mind to cancel the subscription before the free trial period ends.
What’s the Cost of Stan Outside Australia?
When you subscribe to Stan, it offers three paid subscription plans which are given below:
- Basic: $10 a month
- Standard: $16 a month
- Premium: $21 a month
Stan also offers a 30-day free trial on all subscription plans. So if you don’t like the service, then you must cancel it before the free trial period ends.
Why is Stan TV not Working Outside Australia? [Quick Fixes]
No streaming service is perfect; there will always be a few glitches that cause problems, but some of the most common streaming errors are simple to resolve.
1. Stan Service Unavailable Error
Your internet connection is usually weak when you receive this error. There is even a possibility that this is a software-related issue. We recommend that you reinstall the app. You can either check with your internet service provider for your bandwidth allowance or file a complaint regarding the streaming speed if the problem persists.
2. Stan Error Code A26
Stan error A26 occurs when the system detects the use of a proxy and prevents you from accessing Stan from outside Australia. To ensure smooth streaming, we recommend using a premium VPN like ExperssVPN.
What Devices Support Stan Outside Australia
By using a VPN, you can unblock Stan outside Australia. However, it is possible that the process of setting up Stan may differ from device to device. Therefore, you can binge Stan on your favorite device by following the below steps.
How to Watch Stan For Android Users
To stream Stan on your Android device, follow these steps:
- Download ExpressVPN and set up your account.
- Install the VPN application & connect with a server in Australia.
- Download the Stan app from the Play Store.
- Log in with your credentials.
- Now you can watch Stan without limitations.
How to Watch Stan For iOS Users
Stream Stan on your iOS device by following these steps:
- Set the location to Australia from the network settings.
- Download ExpressVPN and log in.
- Connect the device with an Australian server.
- Download the Stan app from the Apple store.
- Log in with the required credentials.
- You can now start streaming Stan from anywhere.
How to Watch Stan For PS3/PS4 Users
If you want to watch Stan on your PlayStation, follow these steps:
- Download and Install a VPN service on your router.
- Connect it with the server in Australia.
- Locate TV/Video Services on your PlayStation.
- Now Search for Stan.
- You will see the "Get" option. Click on it.
- Visit the channel page.
- Hit on Stan to start streaming from anywhere.
How to Watch Stan For Xbox Users
For Xbox users, here are the steps to follow and watch Stan:
- Download the VPN App. We recommend ExpressVPN
- Connect it with an Australian server.
- Locate the Xbox Store.
- Search for Stan.
- Download the application.
- Watch your favorite TV shows on Stan.
How to Watch Stan For Kodi Users
Here is how you can stream Stan on your Kodi device:
- Download and set up VPN on your computer – We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Use a USB to transfer the setup to the Kodi device.
- Open the device. Go to Settings > System Settings.
- Download the VPN and connect with a server in Australia.
- Go to add-ons and get Stan.
- Now Stan is ready to stream Stan from anywhere.
How to Watch Stan For Firestick Users
To watch Stan on your Firestick, follow these steps:
- Open up your Firestick device.
- Head to "Unknown Sources."
- Download ExpressVPN.
- Get Stan through a quick search.
- Open Stan and start streaming original content from Australia.
How to Watch Stan For Mac OS Users
To stream Stan on your Mac OS, here are the steps:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN.
- Go to the Apple menu, then System Preferences, and then Network.
- Click on the Action menu.
- Choose Import Configurations > Select ExpressVPN > Import.
- Open the web browser.
- Search for Stan's official website.
- Log in using your username and password, or create an account.
- Binge-watch for Stan for hours from anywhere.
How to Watch Stan For Apple TV Users
If you are an Apple user wanting to watch Stan outside of Australia, here are the steps:
Apple TV does not support VPN software. You will need to install ExpressVPN MediaStreamer. Next, follow these steps:
- First, head to the ExpressVPN DNS Setting page to register your Australian IP address.
- Next, go to Setup Page > Settings Menu > Desired IP address.
- Then to Network > Configure DNS > Select Manual.
- Type the IP address that you used before.
- Finally, install the Stan app to start watching your favorite shows.
How to Watch Stan For Smart TV Users
For Smart TV users, here are the steps:
- Install VPN – We Recommend ExpressVPN
- Connect to a server in Australia.
- Connect the WI-FI with the VPN server.
- Download the Stan app to start streaming.
Stan For Computer / PC Users
Wants to watch Stan on your PC, then follow these steps:
- Install ExpressVPN and subscribe to it.
- Connect to a server in Australia.
- Head to the Stan official website.
- Log in & start streaming Stan from anywhere.
Watch the Most Popular Movies and Shows on Stan Outside Australia
Stan offers a wide variety of popular movies and TV shows that you can watch on Stan outside Australia; some of them are given below:
Top Trending Movies on Stan
Here are the top trending movies on Stan that you can watch.
- Animal Kingdom
- Children of Men
- Red Velvet
- The Way Way back
- Silent Night
- Pretty Women
- Black Panther
- Christmas Ransom – [Original Stan]
- Poker Face – [Original Stan]
- A Ghost Story
- Into The Wild
- Silk Road
- Ocean Trilogy
- Diamonds are Forever
- Casino Royale
- Super Nova
- High Life
- Acute Misfortune
- Americal Gigolo
- Jurassic World
- Love Actually
Top Trending TV Shows on Stan
Here are the top trending TV Shows on Stan that you can watch.
- Yellow Stone
- Love in the Flesh
- Dangerous Liaisons 
- The L Word: Generation Q
- Pitch Perfect: Bumper in Berlin
- Flesh and Bone
- Friday Night Lights
- Godfather of Harlem
- I Am The Night
- Search Party
- The Shield
- 007 Movie
- Breaking Bad
- City on a Hill
- Dawson's Creek
- Killing Eve
- All American
- Better Call Saul
- Romper Stomper
- Twin Peaks
- Veronica Mars
- Will & Grace
In what Other countries can I Access Stan Outside Australia?
As we have discussed already that Stan is only available in Australia. However, by using ExpressVPN, you can access Stan from everywhere in the world. Following is the list of countries where you can access Stan with ExpressVPN.
FAQs on Stan Outside Australia
How do I get Stan for free outside Australia?
You can take advantage of the free trial of Stan and a 30-day money-back guarantee by ExpressVPN to watch Stan for free outside Australia.
Where are Stan’s Downloads stored?
Stan downloads are stored in the My Download folder, so you can easily find them.
Is Stan Australia any good?
Due to its impressive lineup of shows, including Twin Peaks, The Great, Sherlock, Peacher, and Better Call Saul, there is no doubt that Stan is a fantastic streaming service.
Can you Watch Stan overseas?
Yes, you can watch Stan overseas by using a premium VPN, and for that, we highly recommend ExpressVPN.
Is Stan Accessible Offline?
Yes, Stan is accessible offline, and thousands of TV shows and movies from Stan are available to watch offline, so now you can watch Stan anytime, anywhere, on all devices.
How many devices can I watch Stan on?
The Premium Plan lets you stream Stan on up to 4 devices simultaneously in glorious 4K Ultra HD where available. Also, you can download movies and TV shows to watch offline on up to five iOS/Android devices.
Does Stan offer a free trial?
Yes, Stan offers a 30-day free trial on all subscription plans.
Are there any live sports on Stan TV?
With Stan Sport, you can watch Rugby, the UEFA Champions League, Formula E, INDYCAR, and more as an add-on package to your Stan plan.
Does Roku have Stan outside Australia?
As of now, Stan has confirmed that they do not support the ROKU Premiere + box, but they do plan on developing software for the box in the future.
Is Stan exclusive to Australia?
Yes, Stan is exclusive to Australia, but by using a premium VPN, you can watch Stan outside Australia. And for that, we strongly recommend ExpressVPN.
How to Download Subtitles for Stan Movies and TV Shows?
To download subtitles for Stan movies and TV shows outside Australia, follow these steps:
- Launch the Stan viewer or Stan app.
- Choose the film you wish to see.
- While the player is playing, select the subtitle from the control bar.
- Lastly, pick English under the heading “Subtitles” by tapping on the icon for the speech bubble.
This concludes our proven guide for beginners on how to watch Stan outside Australia. We strongly recommend getting ExperssVPN which offers FIVE servers in FOUR Australian cities (Brisbane, Perth, Sydney, and Melbourne).
A premium VPN service can open the door to unlimited entertainment and provide you with the best shows to binge on. Whether you enjoy comedy, drama, or thriller, Stan has them all.
Hop on to Stan by using ExpressVPN and binge all your favorite shows and movies without any buffering. Happy Binging!